Once again, our residents are looking forward to the Santa Clarita Concert in the Park series. The schedule was recently released by the City of Santa Clarita and it appears we have another wonderful array of talented bands on the schedule. The Concert in the Parks runs each Saturday evening beginning July 12th and continues each Saturday through August 30th. The concerts are all held at Central Park, just off of Bouquet Canyon Road at 27150 Bouquet Canyon Rd, Santa Clarita, CA 91350. The start time is 7:00pm.
Insider Information for Attending a Santa Clarita Concert in the Park
The parks series concerts are well attended! If you’re new to Santa Clarita and planning to attend a concert, the evening will be much more enjoyable with our SCVLive insider’s information, so here you have it!
- Prepare for the Heat! It’s no secret about the hot weather we have here in Santa Clarita during the summer, but it seems the heat is even more of a factor at the concert in the park. There’s not a lot of shade in the spectator areas, so it’s suggested to be prepared for the heat
- Parking can be an issue. Though the parking lot is an okay size, it’s not quite large enough on the nights when the most popular bands are performing. As always, the early bird gets the worm, but it’s kind of a double edged sword. We would suggest arriving early, but the then you must deal with more of the heat. If arriving late, the parking lot may be full. What’s the solution? It’s not very original but if planning to arrive just before the concert begins, plan on parking on the street or in a nearby neighborhood.
- When departing the parking lot it can be a mess! There is a secondary exit, but drivers can only turn right which will take you north on Bouquet Canyon.
- There are some food vendors, but the lines can be quite long and it’s not permitted to bring a BBQ. Eat before attending and bring a light snack and some water.
- If you want to be in the front near the stage, arrive early or stop by earlier and set up your chairs and blankets. Though it’s okay to set up chairs and blankets, it’s not allowable to section off an area with cones or steaks and tape.
Line Up of Bands for 2014 Concerts in the Park
- July 12 – DSB – Journey Tribute Band
- July 19 – Suzanne Harper – Country
- July 26 – Led Zepagain – No Explanation Needed
- August 2 – Hotel California – Eagles Tribute
- August 9 – Captain Cardiac and the Coronaries – Classic Rock
- August 16 – Poncho Sanchez – Latin Jazz
- August 23 – Hollywood U2
- August 30 – Boogie Knights – Disco
We hope you found this post helpful and we welcome your comments about the Santa Clarita Concert in the Park Series 2014.